Want to know if it’s time to trade in your current gas guzzling car for a more fuel efficient car? The Should You Buy a More Gas Efficient Car? calculator goes the distance by letting you know when it’s time to trade in the SUV for something more like a hybrid. You may just be surprised with the results!
Use the “Should You Buy a More Gas Efficient Car?” calculator to determine:
- The break even point of a new car, based on gas consumption.
- The yearly gas use for each car.
- The yearly gas cost for each car.
To use the “Should You Buy a More Gas Efficient Car?” Calculator:
- Open the Should You Buy a More Gas Efficient Car? calculator.
- Enter your Current Car information:
- Under Monthly Driving, enter how far you drive on a monthly basis. From the drop-down list, select distance in Miles or km.
- Under Gas Efficiency, enter the gas mileage for this vehicle. The Gas Mileage Calculator will help you figure this out.
- Under Price of Gas, enter the price paid for gas. From the drop-down list, select price in $ per Gallon or $ per Litre.
- Under Trade-in Price, enter the trade in value for your current vehicle.
- Under Gas Efficiency, enter the gas mileage for the new vehicle.
- Under Car Price, enter the price for the new car (don’t forget taxes and stuff!).
Does it make sense for you to buy a more gas efficient car? Do the results surprise you?