Cash can feel pretty good ’cause it’s stable and feels safe. Is it, though?
“With a 5% return on cash, why would anyone want to invest in stocks?”
Ben Felix, a portfolio manager at PWL Capital, says cash is “counterintuitively extremely risky for long-term investors.”
Today is about investing. Mostly. 🙂
Let’s do this!
Today’s newsletter is 231 words, 1:30 minutes.
1. Find a new king? “Why cash is a terrible long-term investment, even at 5% interest” (YouTube)
2. When cash is king. Why many business owners would love it if you stopped using your credit card
3. Could save you big. 24 things Ben believes about investing
4. Active vs. passive – choose passive. Why index investing works (study)
5. Smart stuff. How To’s of index investing with Justin Bender & Shannon Bender (YouTube channel)
6. Agents don’t always work in your best interest. When life insurance is sold, not bought
7. Stick to the $1.50 hotdog? Costco is selling gold bars and they sell out
8. Maybe use Bing. How Google alters search queries to get at your wallet
9. Actionable advice. Social Media and Youth Mental Health The U.S. Surgeon General’s Advisory (2023) (PDF)
10. Tweet of the week.
I adore questions and requests. Feel free to respond to this email and send it my way. As always…
Love love love,
Not subscribed yet?
Join 25,000 other readers and receive the Cash and Kerry Newsletter in your inbox each week!
"*" indicates required fields
Just the highest quality ideas you’ll
find on the web.
Don’t leave without your FREE Budget Bundle!
Copyright © 2008-2023 Kerry K. Taylor • All rights reserved.
With your money!
Download our FREE Budget Bundle to get the 3 tools you’ll need to reduce debt and increase financial wellness.
You’ll join 25,000 subscribers and get The Cash and Kerry Newsletter every Friday. No spam, ever! Unsub in a click