I decided to post this simple little recipe after writing about my favorite frugalicious desserts. I love these Chocolate Almond Truffles since they are flour-free, gluten-free, egg-free, and bake-free. These little balls of goodness strike an honest balance of heart healthy and dishfully delicious. They are made with almonds, dates, fresh lime juice, and cacao powder. This recipe makes about 8 truffles.
10 Dates (pitted and unsulphured)
8 Whole Natural Almonds
100g (3.5 oz) Ground Almonds
2 tsp Cacao Powder (or carob powder)
Finely Grated Rind and Freshly Squeezed Juice of 1/2 Lime
Take all these healthy and delicious ingredients and move along to the preparation instructions below.
1. Place the pitted dates, ground almonds, cacao powder, lime rind and juice in a food processor. Blend until the mixture forms a stiff ball. If necessary, add more lime juice to help bring the mixture together.
2. Remove blade and roll date mixture into balls.
3. Fill each ball with a whole almond.
4. Roll each ball in ground almonds (optional).
5. Refrigerate for one hour. Enjoy!
Let me know what you think of my yummy, frugalicious Chocolate Almond Truffles!