It’s that time of year for pumpkin faces — when the ghouls get ghoulish, the devils get devious, and the ghosts get spooky. Yes, it’s Halloween people! Last time I posted a series of Free Pumpkin Carving Patterns for your downloading spooky pleasure. Or try these Extreme Pumpkins: Diabolical Do-It-Yourself Designs or 20 Extreme Pumpkin Carving Designs if you want more of a pumpkin carving challenge.
Due to popular request I’ve used my pumpkin carving prowess to make pumpkin faces! So go ahead and carve a bat, paint a Jack O’Lantern, or get freaky with a Frankenstein face. These pumpkin faces range from easy to challenging, so pick your favorite face and get carving! I’ve even included a Frankenstein and Marilyn Monroe pattern for those looking to throw a more stylish Halloween party.
|Download: Vampire Bat (PDF)||Download: Frankenstein (PDF)|
|Download: Marilyn Monroe (PDF)||Download: Bow Tie (PDF)|
|Download: Evil Devil (PDF)||Download: Ghost (PDF)|
|Download: Happy Jack (PDF)||Download: Classic Jack (PDF)|
Pumpkin Carving Stencil Instructions:
- Download and print the pumpkin stencil you like best.
- Use scissors to remove the black area of the stencil. Leave the white space free from scissor marks.
- Trim and make small incisions in the stencil. This helps it to lay flat on the face of the pumpkin. Tape the edges of the stencil to the pumpkin.
- Transfer the pattern by tracing a marker or pen along the stencil. Alternatively, poke holes along the pattern with a tool or needle. Remove stencil.
- Prepare your pumpkin by removing the top or base. Remove the pulp and seeds.
- Using a sharp knife carve a scary face! See How to Carve a Pumpkin for some scary tips!
When picking your pumpkin from the patch be sure to select a squash that suits the stencil. Some patterns work better on rounder, squarer, or taller pumpkins.
More pumpkin faces:
- Extreme Pumpkins: Diabolical Do-It-Yourself Designs
- 20 Extreme Pumpkin Carving Designs
- Halloween Costumes for Under $20
- Free Printable Pumpkin Carving Stencils
- 10 Halloween Costume Ideas for Kids and Adults
- Recipes: Gross, Easy, and Fun Halloween Foods for Kids
- How to Carve a Pumpkin
- 10 Cheap Last Minute Halloween Costume Ideas
Got a ghoulish and frugal fun Halloween tip to share?