Printable Travel Checklist and Packing List

2010-04-23T12:40:08+00:00Travel|

It’s that time of year when individuals and families plan for travel, holidays, and vacation. Whether you’re planning to get away for a romantic weekend with your partner or take the kids on a family vacation, chances are you’ll need to pack for your trip.

Packing for a trip can be a pain, especially when you’re on the plane in a panic because you’ve forgotten something important. And leaving behind an essential item like your visa or passport can cost you. So to help you get away with more fun and less pain, I’ve put together the Free Printable Travel Checklist and Packing List. It’s a three-page pre-travel checklist and packing list all rolled into one.

printable travel checklist packing list

Download: Printable Travel Checklist and Packing List (PDF Format)

The Printable Travel Checklist and Packing List will help to:

• Create a pre-travel checklist.
  • Prepare your home for short and longer vacations.
  • Deal with vaccinations and health issues before travel.
  • Get the travel documents you need for your destination.
  • Create a packing list for yourself and your kids.
  • Prevent forgetting stuff while away on holiday.
  • Not get caught without your underwear.

Now, packing clothes so they don’t wrinkle is something I’m leaving up to you. 🙂

Did I forget to pack something important? What’s on your travel checklist or packing list?

1. Jules June 22, 2009 at 4:39 am

That is indeed a comprehensive list! I suppose it depends on the type of vacation you’re going on, since I’ve never packed many of those things.

To add to your list:

I’d also recommend checking the zippers of your purse/briefcase/backpack before leaving. I was at the US consulate in the Netherlands, where I met this couple whose passports had been lost because of insecure holding places. Talk about a PITA…

I’m also starting the question the wisdom of carrying any personal hygiene stuff with you. I mean, obviously, carry a toothbrush. But with the airline restrictions, it may be wiser to just buy a small traveler’s kit when you get there.

If you take prescription meds: DO NOT FORGET YOUR PRESCRIPTION! Maybe it won’t be a problem, but the airport of Kuala Lumpur is not where you want to find out that yes, it is in fact a problem 🙂

Along the veins of electronics: if you’re travelling internationally, you will need an outlet adaptor. These are cheap. You may also need a voltage converter. These are not. Voltage converters, IME, are necessary for things without a their own power monitor.

Check the rules of flying with the airline well in advance.

And don’t forget a good book!

2. Steve June 22, 2009 at 7:19 am

Very helpful. We created out own but will have to check it against your list.

3. Carla | Green and Chic June 22, 2009 at 4:44 pm

Great list! I will definitely use this list next time I travel.

4. Andy Sernovitz June 22, 2009 at 4:56 pm

I love it! Can you share an editable version?

5. Sagan June 23, 2009 at 8:20 am

Awesome idea! I always make a million lists when I’m traveling, haha. This is useful.

6. FupDuckTV June 23, 2009 at 9:10 am

***ATTENTION***
    You said in your post that your list will help to “not get caught without your underwear.” But on page 2 in the women’s clothing section, you have bras listed, BUT you don’t have women’s underwear listed…. Was this left off by mistake or Kerry, are you encouraging all women to start going commando while on vacation? I personally think that you should for-go the bras as well while on vacation.
    P.S. I personally would add condoms to the travel list (for your single or married/promiscuous readers). You never know what bugs the local cuisines may come with.

7. Kerry June 23, 2009 at 9:23 am

@FupDuckTV Undies are listed under the “General Clothing” heading. Condoms are listed under “Health & Medications”. Both are important! I’d never leave home without my bra. 😉 You may enjoy my Panty Parade post. 😉

8. Catgurl June 23, 2009 at 2:14 pm

that’s great Kerry.. helps to remind some of the things one may forget.. Just got back from a vacation in Montreal with hubby.. it was great and I was happy to be prepared with everything. Something that I do when I travel is pack half of my clothing in another suitcase. That way if one suitcase goes missing, I am not stuck with no clothes. By packing half and half of mine and hubby’s clothing, we’ll be okay if one luggage goes awol. Hasn’t happened yet but just in case!

9. marci June 24, 2009 at 2:13 pm

If one is going by car or RV, then I would recommend a long list of car prep also – such as the fluids/tires/coolers, etc.

10. maxmelia July 5, 2009 at 3:56 am

I love it, I have been looking for a list and this one is great. Thank you so very much. 🙂

11. defiscalisation October 19, 2009 at 4:50 am

i’ve used it durung my last trip and it was very, very helpful! many thanks for sharing!

12. Kerry October 20, 2009 at 4:45 pm

@defiscalisation You’re very welcome. 🙂

13. michelle farrell October 26, 2009 at 7:49 pm

i love the idea of the checklist im always trying to make up one before i go on trips and i still manage to forget things. This one seems very thorough. Im going on a trip to England next year and this list will help me immensely Thanks alot!

14. Teresa Barat December 10, 2010 at 6:53 am

As an inveterate list maker…I am happy to meet the a society of list makers. Just the sight of lists and itineraries and clothes piled up on the bed makes me all tingly

15. N Weisdorff December 13, 2011 at 9:42 pm

I couldn’t print the document. It stated it was damaged. I had no problem printing the Moving Checklist, but can’t get this one. Has anyone else had the same problem?

16. Kerry December 13, 2011 at 10:21 pm

Hi N. The document works. Perhaps close and reopen your browser?

17. valleycat1 January 6, 2012 at 11:37 am

For females, a sarong, pashmina, or a large soft wool or cotton scarf can be versatile & lighter-weight ones don’t take much room. A lot of veteran travelers also swear by a bandana or two (for a wide variety of uses depending on need), and a small amount of duct tape for various emergency repairs. I’d now add that an e-reader is great for those of us who have to have reading material in hand (I don’t travel with a laptop).

18. Judeene May 12, 2012 at 9:28 am

Would love to see a picture of your carry-on – everything you packed – a before and after picture. We just returned from 3 weeks abroad and my suitcase was jammed full of “the usual” plus souvenirs. I just can’t seem to get my act together despite traveling a great deal. 🙁 Do you pack flat or roll your clothes? Thanks for list – enjoy your blog very much!

19. Judeene May 12, 2012 at 9:34 am

Oops! Disregard previous post – I was looking at the packing checklist instead of “Pack a Suitcase for a 10 day Trip.” All my questions were answered.

20. Carolina June 27, 2012 at 11:53 am

life time savers, tks!

21. Steven J Fromm April 28, 2013 at 7:15 am

Kerry thanks for these great checklists. I just emailed them to myself and my wife. Really nice traveling aide. Thanks again.

22. Travelsito February 24, 2016 at 11:38 am

Great TRAVEL checklist!

23. Megan Eileen November 25, 2016 at 11:03 pm

This will definitely be printed out and ready for the my next major trip! Thanks for the comprehensive list.