I went and gave myself a face lift. Well, a site face lift. My “better half” and I have worked tirelessly on this newer, cleaner, fresher site so I hope you like it.
Some of the changes include:
- Less Columns: Moved from a three-column layout to two-columns. Sometimes less is more.
- Custom Styling: I was previously using a free WordPress template to stylize my site. Since I’m a bit of a perfectionist, I really wanted my own look. Again, this was tough as my “better half” and I had to do some serious geek-web learning.
- Higher Contrast: Changed the drab gray background to a brighter happier white. Personal finance and frugal living are fun. I want the site to look happy, not drab.
- Browser Tested: I’ve tested in IE 6, IE 7, Firefox 2, Safari 3, and Opera 9. If I’ve missed your browser and things look wonky, please leave a comment and let me know.
Change is good. But some things haven’t changed. Things like:
- Cool Tools: I will be adding more calculators and tools for you! Check out the tools page!
- Content: I’ll keep writing stuff for you.
- WordPress: I like WordPress.
I look forward to growing this site more over time. Feel free to subscribe to Squawkfox in a reader or via email below:
If you’re already a subscriber, break free from your reader and take a peek.
I really hope you like my new look!