Free Printable Workout Log

2011-02-28T13:56:30+00:00 Health & Fitness|

I’ve posted this workout log because seeking financial fitness is no different from pursuing physical fitness. They’re one and the same. Once fitness is found in one area of life, the rest falls into place. Besides, if you’re not healthy, your wealth will likely suffer as a result.

In the spirit of watching your wealth and health prosper this year, I’ve created this Free Printable Workout Log (exercise log sheet) to help you track your fitness sessions. You track your finances right? Tracking your fitness is the same.

workout log
Download: Free Printable Workout Log (PDF Format)

How to use the Workout Log

Just download the workout log by clicking the picture or the link. Here’s how it can help you get fit:

• Stay frugal by tracking your fitness for free.
  • Easily track weekly and daily workouts.
  • Monitor fitness goals and achievements.
  • Get trim, slim, and fit by honestly logging your exercise sessions.
  • Keep a pulse on weight fluctuations, heart rates, and energy levels.
  • Plan daily workout schedules.
  • Track time spent exercising, distance traveled, and workout intensity.
  • Have fun with fitness by using an attractive workout log or exercise log sheet. 😉

This two-page free printable exercise log covers a whole week. So keep yourself motivated by tracking your weekly fitness goals, hours of exercise, and workout type. There’s no time like the present to start with a simple and frugal walk to get your heart racing.

Need a beginner, intermediate, or advanced walking plan? The free eBook Frugal Food & Fitness: Get fab without spending a fortune outlines three free walking exercise plans for your workout pleasure. Here’s to your health and wealth in 2009!

Do you track your workouts and fitness with a workout log? Ever trained for an event using an exercise log sheet? Do you see a correlation between your own finances and fitness?

1. Susy January 6, 2009 at 8:12 am

I have found that leading an active lifestyle and doing many things the old fashioned way is the best way to stay in shape. Mr Chiots and I do go on a walk most afternoons (keeps the dog in tip-top shape) and I do yoga several times a week. In the spring/summer/fall, gardening is my main for of excercise. I also make my own butter, shaking a mason jar for 20 minutes build great biceps, I knead my own bread, great for the shoulders, water my garden with watering cans, great for a total body workout!

2. Anne January 6, 2009 at 9:17 am

I have definitely noticed that I use the same skill set to plan and manage my finances as I do to plan and manage my eating. Fitness somehow seems a little easier to me, perhaps because it is my best stress release and playing soccer means that all I have to do is show up for the workouts somebody else scheduled!

I used to develop schedules and log my workouts for running, but I am much less dedicated these days. Perhaps because I am more into soccer! For years I’ve volunteered at the Sun Run 10K clinics and I have noticed that logging their workouts keeps new runners motivated and helps identify injuries earlier.

Right now my biggest challenge fitness and health-wise is eating. I am trying out a free nutrition logging site in lieu of weightwatchers, which I used to pay monthly to use.

3. Stephen January 6, 2009 at 10:20 am

Thanks for the free log! While not technically a resolution this year, the goal is to lose 10 pounds this month. This will help!

4. Lose Weight Smarter « Steve’s Media Blog January 6, 2009 at 10:20 am

[…] today over at squawkfox is a free, printable workout log (in PDF format) that covers a period of a week.  Personally, my vision for this for us is a little […]

5. Sagan January 6, 2009 at 1:21 pm

I like this idea of the log!

I just got a pedometer so now I’m keeping track of how many steps I walk every day. So much fun.

6. Saver Queen January 6, 2009 at 1:45 pm

Good timing with this one – I’m sure lots of people have included exercise goals with their New Years Resolutions – including me!

7. Tom January 6, 2009 at 9:29 pm

I’ve been working out for years and for some reason, I’ve never used a log.
    Maybe it’s time since I gained weight after Christmas.
    Congrats on your one-year, btw!

8. Jude January 7, 2009 at 9:46 am

Unfortunately, I track my fitness better than I do my finances. This is going to be really useful. Nicely formatted to boot. Thanks!

9. Jeremy January 8, 2009 at 3:24 pm

Thanks for the simple yet detailed logsheet! Would it be possible to generate a version that has 2 copies on the same PDF file? That way I can print it “2 pages per sheet, double sided” and get 2 weeks worth of logs on one sheet of paper.

10. scotty January 8, 2009 at 6:53 pm

Jeremy, in the printer options you should be able to choose to print 2 pages per sheet.. do that, select to print 2 copies and make sure its on duplex.. Wahla! 2 weeks of logs on 1 piece of paper…

11. Jeremy January 9, 2009 at 6:59 am

Scotty: I tried that before I posted, but (at least on my printer) it separates it out and prints one-sided on two pages. I tried both collate and non-collating with the same results. I can do it manually though by putting the paper back in the printer to print on the second side.

Thanks for the suggestion!

12. Saver Queen January 10, 2009 at 4:20 pm

I was at the Running Room today and notice that their logs go for about $13 so this is a good saver!

13. Renee January 11, 2009 at 10:28 am

Hi Fox,

I really like the workout log, I used it all this week since I began my New Year’s resolution of going to the gym more often.

One question: Do you think you could create that document as a PDF form that we could edit electronically? I don’t know how to use Adobe at all, but there have been some forms I’ve used online where you click the dot and it marks it for you, or you select a box and you can type in the form.

In the interest of leading a “greener” lifestyle, I was thinking that would save a lot of paper from all your readers!

14. Evelyn Lim January 20, 2009 at 12:04 am

Thanks for taking the time to do a log!! It’s definitely important to have great health!! Time to get off my chair now for some activity!!

15. GeekFit Podcast #34 - (360) 450-5026 February 5, 2009 at 11:37 am

[…] – Printable workout sheets […]

16. Noblejoker February 6, 2009 at 5:09 am

Hey thanks for the Workout log
    It is more suited to general aerobic exercise than lifting weights as there is little room to record exercises, weights and reps. May still be handy for some though so good job!

17. […] how I ran into a pretty nice workout log on Squawkfox, which you can use to keep track of your daily workouts. This is a printable pdf and one copy holds […]

18. […] posted a free, printable weekly workout log back during resolution season. It looks both easy to use and a good way to hold myself accountable. […]

19. Spencer Jackson February 26, 2010 at 8:44 am

Hi, Thanks for this really useful workout sheet. I found you by complete accident, but I love frugal living as well as fitness. I will have to explore further.

Spencer 🙂

20. Nadia November 15, 2011 at 2:39 am

Thanx for such a simple yet complete workout log. Those who are interested in “Greener” yet paper-based solution should print the 2 pages on same side of a paper, then hang the paper somewhere (wherever you want it) and then hang a transparent plastic sheet on it large enough to cover the whole paper (or better if you plastic coat the paper to protect it even further). Then use marker to fill in the entries below. When the week is over, you can log the info in soft form once and then erase the plastic sheet to give you a fresh start. This way, you worksheet will also be protected and you’ll need only one copy for however long you want.

21. […] a simple, cheap, but excellent motivator to keep you honest with your workouts. Thanks Kerry! Free Printable Workout Log […]

22. Carol March 23, 2013 at 11:54 am

I have used and shared your site before. I appreciate the helps and tips. Many are things I have grown up with, but many are newer versions or just downright new to me. Most are new to grandkids etc. There are many reason to be frugal regardless if finances, resources etc.