I would love to write an article on frugalicious foods for kids. The problem is, I don’t have any kids to feed. Rather than make something up, and fall flat on my frugalicious face, I’d like to ask you guys to share your tips for getting kids to eat healthy, delicious, and frugal foods.
The best suggestions will be featured, annotated, and photographed for an upcoming post on squawkfox!
Here’s what I’m looking for:
- Kid Friendly Meals and Snacks: Tell me about your favorite frugal+healthy+delicious kid’s lunches, dinners, and treats! How do you make them? How do you save money?
- Food Tips and Tricks: How do you get your kids to eat their fruits and veggies? Do you design funny food faces? How do you keep them away from packaged processed foods, sugars, and junk?
- Kid Stories: Got any funny kid’s food stories? Do you sing a veggie song? How do you teach them about healthy eating?
Some stuff to keep in mind:
- Can I Make it? To be honest, I’m not a great cook. So if your tip is tricky and requires me to hire help I probably will have to skip it. Besides, don’t we all want to make something simple?
- Is it Healthy? I have a strong bias for healthful foods. So don’t go recommending stuff like Lunchables, ’cause you’ll give me a coronary.
- Picture Perfect? I would love to take the best foods and photograph them in a visual guide. Some foods just look weird in pictures though. So hopefully your suggestion will look delicious when photographed.
So please leave your kid frugalicious food suggestions in a comment below. If you have “blog comment phobia” then feel free to email (squawkfox [at] gmail [dot] com) your thoughts. Looking forward to your frugalicious foods for kids!