I don’t know why I’m doing this. Carving a pumpkin isn’t going to save you mega millions. Tracing a pumpkin stencil won’t significantly boost your retirement nest egg or help you pay back your student loan. I should know. I’ve done the mathy math to see just how much moolah you’d save carving pumpkins, and the savings are frightfully abysmal. To be honest, the savings stink like a week old Jack O’ Lantern.
But I’m not here to judge you (or your week old Jack O’ Lantern). It’s nearly Halloween, and I’ve come to the frugal conclusion (since I’ve done the math) that carving your own dang pumpkin face and using one of my free pumpkin stencils is a heck of a lot cheaper than buying some plastic ghoulish crap from Walmart, or Louis Vuitton. Louis Vuitton sells plastic ghoulish crap, right?
AnygettingsuedbyLouisVuitton, carving pumpkins is fun. Halloween is funner. And turning an orange gourd into Charlie Brown is the funnest. (It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown). So download my free pumpkin stencils and tell Louis Vuitton (or Walmart) where they can stick the candle.
Note: When picking your pumpkin from the patch be sure to select a squash that suits the stencil. Some patterns work better on rounder, squarer, or taller pumpkins.
|Download: Scary Face Stencil||Download: Charlie Brown Stencil|
|Download: Skull and Crossbones Stencil||Download: Skeleton Stencil|
|Download: Celebrity Stencil||Download: Pumpkin Stencil|
Download more pumpkin stencils.
Pumpkin Stencil Instructions:
- Download and print the pumpkin stencil you like best. Or all of them. I won’t tell.
- Use scissors to cut and remove the shaded stencil area.
- Make small incisions along the stencil to help it lay flat on the pumpkin face. Tape the edges of the stencil to the pumpkin.
- Transfer the pumpkin stencil pattern with a marker.
- Prepare your pumpkin by removing the top or base. Remove the pulp and seeds.
- Use a sharp knife to carve a scary face! See How to Carve a Pumpkin for a few tips!
If you enjoyed this article and would like more, enter your email address in the box below. Articles from Squawkfox.com will be sent to your email inbox for free. Your email will not be shared. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Plus, you'll get this free 92-page ebook.