Looking for a healthy green smoothie recipe with fruit? Then you’ve got to try this strawberry, banana, spinach, and kale green smoothie for a delicious, fun, and frugal way to get more greens into your diet. Did I mention this emerald green recipe is low fat, low calorie, and just the right size for a quick breakfast or snack?
Besides, Kermit the Frog was wrong when he said, “It’s not easy being green.” It is easy being green! You just need a blender, some greens, and a banana to boot!
- 1 banana, peeled
- 3 frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 kale leaf
- 3 large handfuls of spinach
If you’re an athlete or want a post-workout recovery drink, try adding:
- 1 teaspoon hemp protein powder
- 1 teaspoon ground flax seed
- 1/2 teaspoon spirulina powder
- In a blender: Blend banana, strawberries, and water. Add kale leaf and as much spinach you can cram into the blender. Add hemp protein powder, ground flax, and spirulina for a post workout smoothie. Add ice or more water to taste.
This fruity greens smoothie is very energizing to drink. Feel free to get creative and add mangoes, apples, or oranges for more sweetness.
Got a favorite smoothie recipe? Got a thing for green smoothies? I wish I could talk some sense into Kermit, my favorite Muppet frog.
If you enjoyed this article and would like more, enter your email address in the box below. Articles from Squawkfox.com will be sent to your email inbox for free. Your email will not be shared. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Plus, you'll get this free 92-page ebook.