In a rush for some lunch? Need to dine and dash for dinner? Stop eating out or getting take out foods. Restaurant meals slim your wallet and thicken your waistline. When you’re in a pinch for time and are ravenous for food, why not try a raw food recipe?
These quick to prepare, simple to make, and healthy to eat “sushi” nori rolls are cheap to put together. You just need some nori sheets and a handful of raw, delicious vegetables. Try this recipe to embrace some raw vegetables in your day or to impress a friend with your creativity!
These wraps are gluten free and low in calories since they don’t include sweet sugary sushi rice. Adding fresh and healthy vegetables to your diet is always a good thing, regardless of how busy a schedule you keep.
- 2 nori sheets
- 1 zucchini, sliced in strips
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- bean sprouts
- alfalfa sprouts
- wasabi paste, to taste
Here’s how the ingredients look all layered together:
Don’t be afraid to roll with your favorite vegetable and wrap it up!
- On a cutting board, place nori sheets.
- For each sheet, evenly lay out flat slices of zucchini, tomato, avocado, bean and alfalfa sprouts.
- Roll up the nori roll. Starting from the edge closest to you, take the edge of the nori sheet and roll away from you. Use your fingers to wrap the nori tightly around the veggies. Continue rolling until you reach the uncovered edge of the nori. Using a small amount of water, moisten the nori end with your fingertips. Roll tightly and squeeze gently to secure edges. Gently tuck any vegetables that are sticking out at either end of the roll.
- Serve whole or cut into several pieces with a sharp knife.
- Dip in wasabi sauce for some hot spicy fun.
I love these “sushi” nori rolls as a substitute for sandwiches and as a change from regular wraps. If you’re interested in a raw vegetable diet then these rolls may just be for you!
Sound yummy? Sound silly? I love wrapping myself a nori roll for a quick, easy, and cheap frugal lunch. Give it a raw foodie try!
If you enjoyed this article and would like more, enter your email address in the box below. Articles from Squawkfox.com will be sent to your email inbox for free. Your email will not be shared. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Plus, you'll get this free 92-page ebook.