I’ve got a pair of hooters in my backyard. I don’t usually see them during the day, but I sure hear them “woot it up” at night. So imagine my surprise when one of them landed on my deck yesterday. My eyes nearly bugged outta my brain. Check out my hooter!
If you happen to know anything about owls, then please let me know. My “better half” and I are having a disagreement over the species of this great owl. Is this a Spotted Owl or a Barred Owl? Since I’m the one who stood ONE METER AWAY from this magnificent bird, I’m inclined to think it’s a Barred Owl, just look at the stripes!
Anybird, my heart is still racing from seeing such a creature so close! When I snapped the photo I was near enough to reach out and touch it. Unbelievable. I then grew a brain and realized this birdie is a bird of prey and could rip my face off with it’s talons. Silly Squawks.
Still, I was of no concern to this hunting animal. Check out it’s feathers, eyes, wings, and coy look at me. Love. Swoon. Woot.
Enough of birds. Time for links. I’ve been wooting it up in my RSS Reader this week. Here are some highlights!
Health and Foodism:
- Swearing at the Bill Collector | Clever Dude
- Health Insurance – do you have it? | Blunt Money
- Pumpkin Spice Brioche | Apple Pie, Patis, and Pate
- Missing the middle: French fries do get fat | Ethicurean
- Opportunity in Real Return Bonds | Canadian Capitalist
- Investment Asset Classes | ABCs of Investing
- College Students Guide to Roth IRAs | Broke Grad Student
- Obama vs McCain: The Presidential Candidates Sound Off On Your Money | The Digerati Life
- What is Your Definition of Rich? | Frugal Dad
- Why only thinking About Affordability Makes You Poor | Money Ning
- 25 More Frugal Things To Do | Almost Frugal
- Don’t Pay for Mortgage and Credit Repair | Mrs. Micah
- Festival of Frugality | Aridni
- Carnival of the Green | Thoughts on Global Warming
- Make it from Scratch | Stop the Ride
- Carnival of Green Crafts | Crafting a Green World
Give a hoot, reach out and touch an owl. Have a woot of a weekend!
If you enjoyed this article and would like more, enter your email address in the box below. Articles from Squawkfox.com will be sent to your email inbox for free. Your email will not be shared. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Plus, you'll get this free 92-page ebook.