Want to know if it’s time to trade in your current gas guzzling car for a more fuel efficient car? The Should You Buy a More Gas Efficient Car? calculator goes the distance by letting you know when it’s time to trade in the SUV for something more like a hybrid. You may just be surprised with the results!
Use the “Should You Buy a More Gas Efficient Car?” calculator to determine:
- The break even point of a new car, based on gas consumption.
- The yearly gas use for each car.
- The yearly gas cost for each car.
To use the “Should You Buy a More Gas Efficient Car?” Calculator:
- Open the Should You Buy a More Gas Efficient Car? calculator.
- Enter your Current Car information:
- Under Monthly Driving, enter how far you drive on a monthly basis. From the drop-down list, select distance in Miles or km.
- Under Gas Efficiency, enter the gas mileage for this vehicle. The Gas Mileage Calculator will help you figure this out.
- Under Price of Gas, enter the price paid for gas. From the drop-down list, select price in $ per Gallon or $ per Litre.
- Under Trade-in Price, enter the trade in value for your current vehicle.
- Under Gas Efficiency, enter the gas mileage for the new vehicle.
- Under Car Price, enter the price for the new car (don’t forget taxes and stuff!).
Does it make sense for you to buy a more gas efficient car? Do the results surprise you?
If you enjoyed this article and would like more, enter your email address in the box below. Articles from Squawkfox.com will be sent to your email inbox for free. Your email will not be shared. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Plus, you'll get this free 92-page ebook.